“First Aid for the USMLE Step 3” by Tao Le is a comprehensive study guide that is specifically designed to help medical students and physicians prepare for the USMLE Step 3 exam. The USMLE Step 3 exam is the final step in the USMLE exam series and is designed to evaluate a physician’s ability to practice medicine unsupervised.
The book is divided into two main sections. The first section provides an overview of the exam and includes information on exam content, format, and scoring. It also includes study tips, test-taking strategies, and advice on how to approach the exam.
The second section of the book is organized by medical specialty and covers a wide range of topics, including cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology, psychiatry, and surgery. Each chapter provides a detailed review of key concepts and includes high-yield information that is likely to be tested on the exam. The chapters also include practice questions with detailed explanations, as well as charts, tables, and illustrations to help reinforce key concepts.
In addition to the comprehensive review of medical content, the book also includes a section on communication skills, which is an important component of the USMLE Step 3 exam. This section covers key communication skills such as history-taking, physical examination, and patient counseling.
Overall, “First Aid for the USMLE Step 3” is a valuable resource for medical students and physicians who are preparing for the USMLE Step 3 exam. The book provides a comprehensive review of key medical concepts, test-taking strategies, and communication skills, making it an essential study tool for anyone preparing for this important exam.
3. Book Features
4. Table of contents
5. Why should you get
6. Where to get
Dr. Tao Le is a physician, educator, and author who is best known for his work on the First Aid series of review books for medical students preparing for their licensing exams. He was born in New York City and grew up in Long Island, NY.
Dr. Le attended Duke University, where he graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology. He then attended the University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, where he earned his medical degree. After completing his residency in internal medicine at Yale-New Haven Hospital, Dr. Le went on to complete a fellowship in allergy and immunology at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.
In addition to his work on the First Aid series, Dr. Le is also a co-founder and chairman of the board of directors for MedSchoolCoach, a medical education company that provides tutoring and advising services to medical students and residents. He has also served as the chief medical officer for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE).
Dr. Le is a prolific author and has contributed to numerous medical textbooks and journals. He has received numerous awards for his contributions to medical education, including the Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism in Medicine Award and the Alpha Omega Alpha Robert J. Glaser Distinguished Teacher Award.
Here are some key features of the book “First Aid for the USMLE Step 3 [5th Edition]”:
- Comprehensive content: The book covers all of the important topics that are tested on the USMLE Step 3 exam, including management of patient care, diagnosis, and treatment.
- High-yield information: The book emphasizes the most important and frequently tested concepts, providing readers with a concise and focused study resource.
- Visual aids: The book includes numerous charts, tables, and illustrations to help readers understand complex concepts and visualize key information.
- Practice questions: The book includes over 300 practice questions, with detailed explanations of the answers, to help readers assess their knowledge and prepare for the exam.
- Updated information: The 5th edition of the book has been thoroughly updated to reflect the most current guidelines, treatments, and practices in the field of medicine.
- Portable format: The book is designed to be compact and portable, making it easy for readers to study on-the-go.
- Expert authors: The book is authored by a team of medical professionals who have extensive experience in preparing students for the USMLE Step 3 exam.
Table of content
Here are the table of contents of First Aid for the USMLE Step 3 [5th Edition]:
Section 1: How to Succeed in the USMLE Step 3 Exam
- Introduction to USMLE Step 3
- Guide to Efficient Exam Preparation
- Guide to Effective Exam Performance
- Computer-Based Case Simulations (CCS)
Section 2: Internal Medicine
- Hematology and Oncology
- Infectious Diseases
- Nephrology and Urology
- Rheumatology and Orthopedics
Section 3: Pediatrics
- Growth and Development
- Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Pediatric Psychiatry
- Rheumatology and Orthopedics
Section 4: Obstetrics and Gynecology
Section 5: Psychiatry
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Psychotic Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Substance Abuse Disorders
- Miscellaneous Psychiatric Disorders
Section 6: Surgery
- Emergency Medicine
- Critical Care
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Section 7: Communication Skills
- Abbreviations and Symbols
- Common Laboratory Values
- Differential Diagnosis Mnemonics
- USMLE Step 3 Question-Writing Guidelines
- High-Yield Facts and Tables
Here are the product details of First Aid for the USMLE Step 3 [5th Edition]:
- Publisher : McGraw Hill / Medical; 5th edition (December 10, 2018)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 512 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1260440311
- ISBN-13 : 978-1260440317
- Item Weight : 2.25 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 1.1 x 10.8 inches
Why should you get
If you are a medical student or a physician preparing for the USMLE Step 3 exam, there are several reasons why “First Aid for the USMLE Step 3” by Tao Le is a valuable resource to have:
- Comprehensive Review: The book provides a comprehensive review of the medical content that is likely to be tested on the exam. It covers a wide range of medical specialties and topics, including cardiology, gastroenterology, neurology, psychiatry, surgery, and more.
- Test-Taking Strategies: The book includes test-taking strategies and advice on how to approach the exam, which can help you to optimize your performance and improve your scores.
- Communication Skills: The book includes a section on communication skills, which is an important component of the USMLE Step 3 exam. This section covers key communication skills such as history-taking, physical examination, and patient counseling.
- Practice Questions: The book includes practice questions with detailed explanations, which can help you to assess your understanding of the material and identify areas where you need to focus your studying.
- High-Yield Information: The book includes high-yield information and mnemonics that are likely to be tested on the exam, which can help you to focus your studying and optimize your performance.
Overall, “First Aid for the USMLE Step 3” is a valuable resource that can help you to prepare effectively for the USMLE Step 3 exam and improve your chances of success.
Where to get
First Aid for the USMLE Step 3 [5th Edition]
You can get the First Aid for the USMLE Step 3 [5th Edition] on the following websites:
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to these content. We’re sharing this content with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original content from the respected creators. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us at once.
All books/videos on the Medicos Library belong to their original creators/owners are NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately (click here).
Check out our DMCA Policy.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.