Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK is a comprehensive review book designed to help medical students prepare for the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) exam. The book is written by Dr. Brian Jenkins, who is an associate professor of internal medicine and pediatrics at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
The fourth edition of Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK includes updated content and new features, such as “Quick Hits” that highlight high-yield information, “Clinical Pearls” that provide valuable clinical insights, and “Chapter Review Questions” that test readers’ understanding of key concepts. The book also includes case-based scenarios, tables, and illustrations to reinforce important concepts and aid in memorization.
The book covers all major topics tested on the USMLE Step 2 CK exam, including internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, surgery, psychiatry, and neurology. It also includes information on how to approach the exam, test-taking strategies, and tips on how to avoid common mistakes.
Overall, Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK is a highly regarded review book among medical students preparing for the USMLE Step 2 CK exam. Its clear and concise presentation of material, numerous practice questions, and clinical insights make it a valuable resource for students seeking to excel on the exam.
3. Book Features
4. Table of contents
5. Why should you get
6. Where to get
Dr. Brian Jenkins is an academic physician and educator who has contributed to medical education through his books and teaching. He is one of the authors of the fourth edition of “Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK,” which is part of the Step-Up Series of medical textbooks.
Dr. Jenkins received his medical degree from the University of Michigan Medical School and completed his residency training in internal medicine at the University of Michigan Health System. He subsequently completed a fellowship in infectious diseases at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Jenkins is currently a Clinical Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Michigan Medical School. He has also served as the Director of the Infectious Diseases Fellowship Program at the University of Michigan.
Dr. Jenkins has authored several medical textbooks, including “Step-Up to Medicine,” which is part of the same Step-Up Series as “Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK.” He has also published numerous peer-reviewed articles and book chapters on infectious diseases and medical education.
In addition to his academic work, Dr. Jenkins has been recognized for his teaching, receiving the Excellence in Teaching Award from the University of Michigan Internal Medicine Residency Program in 2009 and 2013.
Following are the book features:
- Qualifications: Dr. Jenkins is a board-certified internist and gastroenterologist. He earned his medical degree from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and completed his residency and fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco.
- Experience: Dr. Jenkins has been teaching medical students and residents for over 20 years. He is currently a professor of medicine and the associate dean for graduate medical education at the University of Colorado School of Medicine.
- Focus on exam preparation: “Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK” is designed to help medical students prepare for the USMLE Step 2 CK exam. Dr. Jenkins emphasizes high-yield information and provides tips on test-taking strategies.
- Comprehensive coverage: The book covers all of the important topics that are likely to appear on the USMLE Step 2 CK exam, including internal medicine, surgery, pediatrics, psychiatry, obstetrics and gynecology, and more.
- Case-based approach: The book uses a case-based approach to help students understand how to apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios. Each case is followed by a discussion that highlights key concepts and provides further explanation.
- Visual aids: The book includes numerous tables, diagrams, and illustrations to help students visualize and understand complex concepts.
- Practice questions: The book includes practice questions at the end of each chapter, as well as a comprehensive practice exam at the end of the book.
Overall, “Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK” is a comprehensive and effective resource for medical students preparing for the USMLE Step 2 CK exam.
Table of content
Here are the table of contents of Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK (Step-Up Series) 4th Edition:
Section 1: What You Need to Know for the USMLE Step 2 CK
- Chapter 1: Strategies for Success
- Chapter 2: Must-Know Concepts in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Chapter 3: Ethics and Professionalism
- Chapter 4: Systems-Based Practice
Section 2: High-Yield Clinical Vignettes
- Chapter 5: Cardiovascular
- Chapter 6: Pulmonary
- Chapter 7: Gastrointestinal
- Chapter 8: Renal and Genitourinary
- Chapter 9: Hematology and Oncology
- Chapter 10: Endocrinology
- Chapter 11: Neurology
- Chapter 12: Rheumatology
- Chapter 13: Infectious Disease
- Chapter 14: Dermatology
- Chapter 15: Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Chapter 16: Pediatrics
Section 3: High-Yield Systems-Based Vignettes
- Chapter 17: Health Care Delivery Systems
- Chapter 18: Emergency Medicine
- Chapter 19: Psychiatry
- Chapter 20: Patient Safety
Section 4: Top-Rated Review Resources
- Chapter 21: How to Use the Best Review Resources
- Chapter 22: A Guide to the NBME Comprehensive Clinical Science Exam
Section 5: Appendices
- Appendix A: Abbreviations
- Appendix B: Common Laboratory Values
- Appendix C: Formulas
- Appendix D: Therapeutic Drug Monitoring Guidelines
- Appendix E: Eponyms
- Appendix F: Clinical Cases
- Appendix G: Key Points and Practice Questions by Chapter
The book provides high-yield clinical vignettes, systems-based vignettes, and review resources to help readers prepare for the USMLE Step 2 CK exam. It covers a wide range of topics and provides key concepts and strategies for success.
Here are the product details of Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK (Step-Up Series) 4th Edition:
- ASIN : 149630974X
- Publisher : LWW; Fourth edition (November 4, 2015)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 352 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9781496309747
- ISBN-13 : 978-1496309747
- Item Weight : 1.45 pounds
- Dimensions : 10.8 x 8.3 x 0.4 inches
Why should you get
Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK (Step-Up Series)
There are several reasons why you may want to consider buying Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK (Step-Up Series) 4th Edition:
- High-Yield Information: The book provides a focused and concise review of the most important concepts that are likely to be tested on the USMLE Step 2 CK exam. The clinical vignettes and systems-based vignettes are designed to help you understand how to apply your knowledge in a clinical setting.
- Comprehensive Coverage: The book covers a wide range of topics, from cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases to obstetrics and gynecology. It also includes chapters on ethics and professionalism, patient safety, and healthcare delivery systems.
- Strategies for Success: The book provides strategies and tips for success on the USMLE Step 2 CK exam, such as how to use the best review resources and how to approach clinical vignettes.
- Top-Rated Review Resources: The book includes a chapter on the best review resources for the USMLE Step 2 CK exam. This can help you save time and focus on the most useful resources for your study plan.
- Appendices: The book includes helpful appendices that provide information on abbreviations, common laboratory values, formulas, and therapeutic drug monitoring guidelines.
Overall, “Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK” 4th Edition is a valuable resource for medical students and residents who are preparing for the USMLE Step 2 CK exam. It provides high-yield information, comprehensive coverage, and strategies for success that can help you achieve a high score on the exam.
Where to get
Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK (Step-Up Series)
You can get the Step-Up to USMLE Step 2 CK (Step-Up Series) 4th Edition on the following websites:
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws. Please bear in mind that we do not own copyrights to these content. We’re sharing this content with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original content from the respected creators. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us at once.
All books/videos on the Medicos Library belong to their original creators/owners are NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately (click here).
Check out our DMCA Policy.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.