In this article, we are going to share with you a genuine free PDF download of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF using authentic direct links which can be found at the end of this blog post. To ensure user safety and faster downloads, we are providing 3rd-party hosted download links so that you can enjoy a hassle-free downloading experience.
At Medicos Library, we believe in quality and speed which are a part of our core philosophy and promise to our viewers. We hope that you people benefit from our educational blog! 🙂
Now before that we share the free PDF download of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF with you, let’s take a look into few of the important details regarding this ebook.
Here’s the complete overview of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF:
Learn to develop the problem-solving skills necessary for success in the clinical setting! The Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology, 6th Edition uses a reader-friendly “building-block” approach to the essentials of diagnostic microbiology. This updated edition has new content on viruses like Zika, an expanded molecular chapter, and the latest information on prevention, treatment modalities, and CDC guidelines. Updated photos offer clear examples of automated lab instruments, while case studies, review questions, and learning objectives present information in an easy-to-understand, accessible manner for students at every level.
Features of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF
Here’s a quick overview of the important features of this book:
- A building-block approach encourages you to use previously learned information to sharpen critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Full-color design, with many full-color photomicrographs, prepares you for the reality of diagnostic microbiology.
- A case study at the beginning of each chapter provides you with the opportunity to form your own questions and answers through discussion points.
- Hands-on procedures describe exactly what takes place in the micro lab, making content more practical and relevant.
- Agents of bioterrorism chapter furnishes you with the most current information about this hot topic.
- Issues to Consider boxes encourages you to analyze important points.
- Case Checks throughout each chapter tie content to case studies for improved understanding.
- Bolded key terms at the beginning of each chapter equip you with a list of the most important and relevant terms in each chapter.
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter supply you with a measurable outcome to achieve by completing the material.
- Review questions for each learning objective help you think critically about the information in each chapter, enhancing your comprehension and retention of material.
- Learning assessment questions at the conclusion of each chapter allow you to evaluate how well you have mastered the material.
- Points to Remember sections at the end of each chapter identify key concepts in a quick-reference, bulleted format.
- An editable and printable lab manual provides you with additional opportunities to learn course content using real-life scenarios with questions to reinforce concepts.
- Glossary of key terms at the end of the book supplies you with a quick reference for looking up definitions.
- NEW! Content about Zika and other viruses supplies students with the latest information on prevention, treatment modalities, and CDC guidelines.
- NEW! Expanded Molecular Diagnostics chapter analyzes and explains new and evolving techniques.
- NEW! Updated photos helps familiarize you with the equipment you’ll use in the lab.
- NEW! Reorganized and refocused Mycology chapter helps you better understand the toxicity of fungi.
- NEW! Updated content throughout addresses the latest information in diagnostic microbiology.
Table of Contents
Below is the complete table of contents offered inside Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF:
Part 1: Introduction to Clinical Microbiology
1. Bacterial Cell Structure, Physiology, Metabolism, and Genetics
2. Host-Parasite Interaction
3. The Laboratory Role in Infection Control
4. Control of Microorganisms: Disinfection, Sterilization, and Microbiology Safety
5. Performance Improvement in the Microbiology Laboratory
6. Specimen Collection and Processing
7. Microscopic Examination of Materials from Infected Sites
8. Use of Colony Morphology for the Presumptive Identification of Microorganisms
9. Biochemical Identification of Gram-Negative Bacteria
10. Immunodiagnosis of Infectious Diseases
11. Applications of Molecular Diagnostics
12. Antibacterial Mechanisms of Action and Bacterial Resistance Mechanisms
13. Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing
Part 2: Laboratory Identification of Significant Isolates
15. Streptococcus, Enterococcus, and Other Catalase-Negative, Gram-Positive Cocci
16. Aerobic Gram-Positive Bacilli
17. Neisseria Species and Moraxella catarrhalis
18. Haemophilus, HACEK, Legionella and Other Fastidious Gram-Negative Bacilli
20. Vibrio, Aeromonas, and Campylobacter Species
21. Nonfermenting and Miscellaneous Gram-Negative Bacilli
22. Anaerobes of Clinical Importance
23. The Spirochetes
24. Chlamydia, Rickettsia, and Similar Organisms
25. Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma
26. Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Nontuberculous Mycobacteria
27. Medically Significant Fungi
28. Diagnostic Parasitology
29. Clinical Virology
30. Agents of Bioterror and Forensic Microbiology
31. Biofilms: Architects of Disease
Part 3: Laboratory Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases: and Organ System Approach to Diagnostic Microbiology
32. Upper and Lower Respiratory Tract Infections
33. Skin and Soft Tissue Infections
34. Gastrointestinal Infections and Food Poisoning
35. Infections of the Central Nervous System
36. Bacteremia and Sepsis
37. Urinary Tract Infections
38. Genital Infections and Sexually Transmitted Infections
39. Infections in Special Populations
40. Zoonotic Diseases
41. Ocular Infections
You might also be interested in: 🙂
Below are the technical specifications of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF:
- Publisher : Saunders; 6th edition (April 6, 2018)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 1088 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0323613179
- ISBN-13 : 978-0323613170
- Item Weight : 6.5 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.6 x 1.8 x 10.9 inches
Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF Free Download
Alright, now in this part of the article, you will be able to access the free PDF download of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF using direct links. These are 3rd party hosted genuine PDF ebooks from an online file repository so that you can enjoy a super-fast and safe downloading.
Here’s the cover image preview of Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF:
FILE SIZE: 170 MB
Please use the direct link mentioned below to download Textbook of Diagnostic Microbiology 6th Edition PDF for free now:
Happy learning, people! 🙂
DMCA Disclaimer: This site complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws.
We do not host/store any copyrighted content on our website, it’s a catalog of links that are already found on the internet. Please check out our DMCA Policy. If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately, the said content will be PERMANENTLY removed within 24 hours.